Saturday, August 30, 2014

The aborted Pagsanjan ride today August 30, 2014

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal  Philippines   |  August 30, 2014


                    The view from the ice plant at Cardona


The President of Recyclists Luis posted this at the facebook that we will ride today to Pagsanjan and we would assemble at Sacred Heart Church at 5 30 am.


"PAGSANJAN RIDE" AUG. 30, 2014, SAT. ASSMBLY TIME; 5:30 AM AT TAYUMAN CHURCH.... DEPART AT 6:00 AM : 1ST PITSTOP AT PISONG KAPE; 2ND AT MANAY'S RESTO : 3RD AT PAGSANJAN CHURCH; TYPE A 2014 UNIFORM.....

I went to Sacred Heart church at 5:20 and waited until 5:40 but no one was there probably on account of the light showers.  I thought that for most Recyclists Plan B is also Plan A (go ahead with the ride no matter what)  I was in full battle gear except the cycling shoes.

So I decided to bike at least to Cardona.  Lo and behold, there was no more rains and the roads were dry.  We could have gone ahead.  Did they proceed with the ride?  I met no one on my ride back.  I met only 5 mountain bikers.

May I say that I rode well since I slept well last night for this ride.  I did Montevideo easy at 53 x 21 doing about 20 kph, Callahan at 53 x 23 at about 15 kph sitting down.

I did LLDA going back to Montevideo at 53 x 23 at about 12 kph.

                            Dry road in Cardona



                        At Callahan view from the iceplant


             Another view of Callahan from Morong side
                       I brought the GTS
           

No comments: