Monday, August 25, 2014

I was not able to join the Sierra Madre ride

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal  Philippines   I   August 25, 2014

I was not able to join the Sierra Madre ride.  No excuses.   I was not physically fit -  I lacked the endurance rides to tough it up, I had injured toe and I was coughing (the fuel injection aspiration system was blocked and not working properly)

I biked yesterday to Morong at  6:15 am.  And I arrived there about 7:15. And the rest of Recyslists were there for the ride:

Pres Luis
Master E
Alan
Angel Balubar



Weng Balubar
Joseph
Choco2
Chito,
Alan
VM
Joel
Gerry
Ado
Richard

The route from Sampaloc side is difficult one for me:  what are the challenges:
1. Sampaloc climb  (7 to 8 km)
2.  The Sierra Madre ascent (about 5 km
3.  The Gardens Cottage climb (about 5 km)
4.  The Foremost Farm climb (about 2 km)
5.  The Bosoboso hill (about 7 kim)
6.  The Olalia hill (this is the most challenging 3 km of pure strain no recovery worse than Kennon road. When you are not ready, you will be but a liability.

I was not up for it.  I was not ready.  The longest ride I had was today, till Morong

Armin, Ven,  and I did not join the ride.   Ven said his prostrate problem has come back of because of his tension with his brother who is sick and who has no money to pay for his hospital bills and lack of nocturnal activities with his wife.

On the way home, at Cardona Callahan, Armin must have pulled some blood vessels and muscles  and had to limp home.   I accompanied him to the hilot who was not there when we arrived.  I hope he is OK now.

Post ride comments:

News has it that Junjun collapsed at Sampaloc and going up to Sierra Madre hotel..

Then Ado had to walk the Olalia up to the top

No comments: