Sunday, August 25, 2013

The planned bike ride to Real is not real?! My bike ride today August 25, 2013

Real Cyclists

Angono, Rizal PHL    |  August 25, 2013

I woke up late today for bike ride;  and besides it was raining hard all night and was waiting for the street to dry a little bit to avoid splatter and crashing  ( On the way home from a meeting last night in Sampaloc, I had to negotiate several flood hit streets) I was home at past 10 after leaving Manila at about 6 pm)  I left before 8 am

I passed by Sacred Heart Parish until 8 and planned to bike until km 58 or 59 to for a 30 km continuous bike.

A strong biker passed me in Bilibiran;  I was not able to catch with the one I saw earlier at km 29.  Then a  Binangonan rider passed me in Cardona.  But I passed  several mountain bikers in Calaumpang  and a mountain biker after Callahan.  Some guys tried to pass me at km 55, about 5 and they said they are from Pasig and passed them at km 57 before I rested at Km 59.

  I was in Pililla km 59 by 9:00 am, rested there a little bit and biked back by 9:20.  I planned to bike back until km 49 for 20 minutes for a 30 kph pace.  Which I did.  Was at km 49 by 9: 40;  I was in Morong Maybancal by 10 am. 

I met Papa Rick and Gerry Yamsuan (the Ridley bike owner) at Km 53.  In Morong, Richard Ang and Choco2 passed by and they continued biking.  About 3 minutes later, Tito, VM, Alan, Joel, Master E arrived.  I learned that because of the rains, and the floods that inundated parts of Famy and Mabitac (at crossing of Sta Maria) we could not push through with the ride.  The group of Gerry who planned to ride to Cavinti, could not possibly have been possible because parts of Famy and Paete were under water.

We biked soon after 5 minutes of rest and had buko near boundary of Cardona and Morong.  We caught up with Richard and Choco2.

Now I can catch with the guys. They do about 30 even in crowded streets. We were in Angono by 11:00

It was a great ride for me.  Tired exhausted and stronger


No comments: