Friday, August 16, 2013

I biked to Antipolo this morning and there was huge traffic jam up to Teresa

Real Cyclists  August l5, 2013

I biked to Antipolo, Teresa, Antipolo this morning and there was this huge traffic jam approaching Robinson Land and Avida.  Reason?  A 20 foot container van truck was blocking the middle of the main avenue blocking traffic from both side.  The trucks right tire fell into a manhole that collapsed; and traffic from both directions was hardly moving.  Commuters were walking all the way from the Teresa side, many would be late today.  Because I was biking, I completed my ride without much delay.  I left at 6:30 and I was in Teresa (near Island Cement) by 7:30.

What could be the cause of this monstrous traffic jam:

l.  Careless driver;

2.  Shoddy construction work for the manhole;

3. Lack of towing equipment;

4. Narrow street.  The tow truck would not be able to access the stricken truck;

5.  The traffic enforcers need more training.

I was at home by 9:00 am (with eating the breakfast at Simples Lugawan included)

No comments: