Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Near misses lately - encounter with fellow MTB riders and motorized tricycles

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
5.25.2021

I had two near misses lately.   One was yesterday.   A fully loaded tricycle from nearby town just darted out from his parking on the sidewalk.  He did not bother to look to the left, nor listened (as we were taught in the elementary)   I had to do an exit maneuver - sudden brake and swerving to the left to avoid a collision.  

Then last week, an MTB overtook me from the right, while I was about to make a right turn.  We were mm away from a collision

A motorized tricycle with no plate number overtook me (from the left)  However it was very close and he did this several times with other vehicles. 

This post keeps encountering vehicles overtaking from the right, then suddenly cutting in from the  right to my surprise.  I taught overtaking from the right is illegal.   Many illiterate drivers roaming the streets.

We continue to pray to the Lord to keep us from harm and accidents.   


No comments: