Saturday, May 8, 2021

Young riders agog over a Chinese Carbon fiber brand

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
5.08.2021









While waiting for a biking companion to have the bike repaired somewhere in Antipolo, a number of young riders clustered around my newly acquired carbon fiber bike acquired during the birthday of an e commerce platform.  This post got this unit really cheap, albeit with the unit being wrong.  I ordered 27.5, I got a 29;   I ordered yellow I got black.  I ordered Shimano GS, I got Retrospec.

Rather than  engaging in negativity and returning the bike, this post elected to stay put, swallow my pride  Anyway it us cheap (it costs about P45K;  it has remote lock and the Retrospect WS works fine.  The crank employs hollow tech.  However, the bike characteristically Chinese, was a heavy unit despite the brochure claim of 11.7 kg weight.   Defintely my Mosso bike with XT groupset was a lot lighter.  I would guess its weight to be around 13 kg.

The young guys 1,  wanted to touch the bike   2.  experience the bike 3 and buy the bike and joked about selling his kidney  

One of the Recyclists who saw this wanted to buy a Twitter CF too.  

It is available at VMP.  Available models are Storm, Mantis.  One display unit has a SRAM SX loaded into it.  Its discounted price is about P45K

No comments: