Sunday, May 9, 2021

Some of the upgrades being marketed at e commerce - are they really functional and needed apt for my age?

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
4.09.2021





I have been browsing a lot lately the e commerce for the following:

1.  Much lighter suspension fork that could set you back by about  P5k to P10k  (a brain suspension can set you back by about a P100K)
2.   A quad piston brake system  (a low end Shimano generic would cost about P9 to P20K, a Weapon by about P3K (but critics say this isi not good)
3.  A one by upgrade 11 to 12 speed (with RD, shifter, cogset and crank)  would set you back by P15 -20k for SRAM, and almost same amount for Shimano

But really do I need these for my age;  maybe I have illusion of being a trail rider and with dream of still continuing to ride for the next 20 to 30 years.  I pray I will be able to do that still.  

I am tempted.   

No comments: