Saturday, May 8, 2021

MTB powertrain upgrade for only P1,000 each

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
5.08.2021




After weeks of research and reading e commerce platforms, and soc media trading site, this post finally settled for a cogset of only P1K for 10 speed 10 -42 for its upgrade of MTB.

I did not have to use a lot of tools or add ons:  chain links or goat link;  and no case of chain dropping off if I back pedal.    I have a scare moment though when the 11t malfunctioned.  It was a mounting error.   I was not able to seat the 11t cog correctly into the cog.  Otherwise it was perfect upgrade  DIY
(I upgraded my two MTBs and on line seller had his field day.   -  Kyle Cruz

The upgrade could have cost upwards to P20K if it was for a upgrade kit for SRAM, -  NX or GX 
or P15k for an SX upgrade;   or for Shimano 13k to 20K upgrade to Deore.  But these are 11 and 12 speed all ready.  I do not need 11 or `12 speed for my upgrade (a 12 speed from Forever and Tweeter are available.   Forever at about P29k, and Twitter Storm for P50k)

Of if I elected to go Shimano, thi would have set me back by P5K to P9k depending on the model;  or Sunrace at sale was P3K plus.   

With a 42t, I can let it go for 3by or 2b or 1by.   Its a matter of 8t between 50t and 42t and gains will be marginal.  If I go 2by, I will have a wider range of gears compared to say 32 by 11 -50 combination   

I am happy with this upgrade.  In my practice ride this morning, the extra 6 teeth (from 36 teeth I have now) makes a lot of difference -  the legs are fresher and less huffing and puffing at heels.

Plus the pride that:   1.  I did it myself;  2.  I spent for only 1k    3.   That I am trending with younger bikers who love to go 1by.   

No comments: