Friday, January 26, 2018

Some advice when you have your bike repainted

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 26,2018

I had my road bike repainted. It was a great opportunity to review the mechanics of a bike and clean it thoroughly. There is much accumulated amount of dirt at the bolts, inside the bottom bracket,bearings head set, at the RD, the pulleys the  brakes.  It was chance for me to detail and clean them one by one.

On the repainting as I was reassembling the bike  I must admit I made a lot  of omission and that which I say must be done prior to repainting, or before reassembling:

1. Mask cover the bottom bracket shell so that there will be pain spray or drops inside the shell which contains the thread. I spent a great deal of time cleaning the threads kasi ayaw pumasok at humigpit ang bb (ISIS drive0

2. Mask the seat tube, seat post and the fork part that meets the bottom of the frame set.

3.  Cover mask the  painted parts before assembling.  May scratches na newly painted frame after the assembly.

I would say the straight painters are careless... Di asikaso ang mangyayari sa mag aassemble o sa mechanical parts when they overspray.

No comments: