Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Difficulties with on line sellers, or buying second hand carbon fiber bikes

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 3, 2018

Today I had a botched deal to buy a carbon fiber bike to motivate me to ride some more and live longer.   When I asked for a 90 days warranty on structural integrity of the bike, the seller balked.  I had to ask for that:

           1. Since carbon fiber bikes are not forever; steel or Ti or alum forever;   heat
               and corrosion  affect CF bikes especially where metal contacts the fiber;

           2.  The bike based on the picture was used for racing;

           3.  There appeared to be a hairline crack near the chain stay.

I had to make sure that I will not get a broken bike soon for a huge investment

I opted now for an alum bike an ARC 710 that weighs 1.5 kg (some say it is 1.2) which is about the same weight of most of CF bikes.   It comes with a 5800 group set, and 11 to 28 11 speed set up.
Sabi ng seller great buy that.  Sana. 

I got a bad Conti tire (may bleb ang interior at exterior) when I bought on line and on meet up. Walang warranty, walang sauli.  Talo ang buyer.  Walang protection

There oughta be a law to protect the suckers out here?

No comments: