Friday, January 26, 2018

Getting a great value for money for SRAM group set

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 26, 2018

No automatic alt text available.

Actual pictures




As preparation for my forthcoming OEM Bianchi Oltre bike, I tried to look for  a group set that would be worthy the bike that will be bought

I thought of Ultegra R8000. But at P30,000 (I can get from online at P29,000)  It weighs 2,200 grams+ We can get an equivalent value same weight 6800.  Some say you can get a good value at P17,000 but  none can give a quote. I nearly got one from Mars Kingdome at P21,000 but changed their mind and upped the price to P25,000. I would rather get an R8000

Eto sayang, from whom I bought the SRAM red, he sold his Durare for only P34,000 (50% of the current price of  Durace)

SRAM red for Sale -Bike Parts for Sale

And then I saw this ad last Sunday evening. Posted in November selling a SRAM red group I texted and pm him and he called me up. I saw the parts last Wed,  He gave me a senior citizen discount.

Today I paid the amount and got the parts. The SRAM red weighs 1975 grams and is lighter than Durace. My problem will be the bottom bracket that is special since the drive side is 24 mm and the non drive side is 22 mm.  Riders, former student who use it swear by the crisp shifts, and better braking. It takes some doing though getting used to double tap:  short tap for downshift (high gear) and long tap for upshift (low gear)

I bought a group set at 1/4 I would have paid for Durace, and 1/2+ for what I would have paid for Ultegra. I am so happy for my achievement today  Thanks sir Bjay.  for the opportunity and the senior citizen discount



Image may contain: bicycle


More pictures
                                                   170 mm carbon fiber crank

                                                     BB 30  fit





                                              Stunning graphics at the  crank arm, solid
                                                       aluminum crank axle

                                                        Inalis ang rubber hood to get a better
                                                                     of the shifter

                                                     Kinalawang na ang lugar ng handle bar attachment
                                                                    nut



                                             Deep scratch in front top of the shifter



                                                 FD shifter body, ti daw?  at may yaw?
\

                                            RD with ceramic bearing and 1:1 actuation for
                                                       crisp precise shifts  (vs 1.4:1 sa shimano)


                                                     Group set from solid alum billet




                                       Note uneven spacing of teeth at 4 quadrants of the 26 cog


                                         BB 30 bearing, circlip and shims for US bike attachment


                                                       Front brakes



                                                            Sram Chains

The SRAM group set have beautiful and attractive graphics and are lightweight. The red group is lighter than a Durace.   However I got mine for a bargain for many reasons:   may mga deep scratches, mga kinalawang, and because the seller like Atty Fortun was generous and was kind to senior citizen.  Salamat sir.  Bjay.




No comments: