Sunday, January 28, 2018

Practice ride to Jalajala despite the heavy rains

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
January 28, 2018

I slept up to 7 pm today since 4 pm (after eating, washing the bike, minding the dirty jersey and shoes)  I must have worked hard in my ride today to Jalajala Rizal.  I got soaked up in the rain.  I defied the pundits who said it is not good to go because of the dark clouds at the East. I persisted because I had to build up the mileage for the Vigan ride.

There was no rain even at Halayhayin Pililla.  Only light shower in Quisao up to Malaya.  But it rained hard very hard in Jalajala.  I had to go on lest I get cold and have rayuma.

Some interesting stories:

1.  I overtook two young riders (formerly Argonauts pala) going up to Callahan. They overtook me  again but passed them again at the flats from Cardona Morong boundary. At Morong town proper, they counterf lowed and left me

2.  A pack of fast riders including a Nebres rider (who came from abroad and rode a MTB) overtook me, but I stuck with them for 5 km from Baras to km 57.   Haha kaya ko palang bumontot sa halimaw.

3.  In Cardona, going up to the Looc hill (past Iglesia) a pair of MTB on 1 x 11 gearset overtook me on  fast clip and I gave chase.  Overtook them (they are not supposed to be overtaken because they are on very low gears) They caught up with me again at the diversion intersection.  There I stood on the pedals and left them behind

4.  I did the trip going home on a 50 chain ring x 13 on the flats and even went up the hills on 50.  50 x 17 or 19.   Dati hindi ko kaya ang ganong hard rings.

5.  My Fuji bike was with two other Fuji bikes this morning at Simple:  Fuji Roubaix and another  one na mas mahal.   Fuji bikes are truly light.   I lifted a PInarello and it must have weighed 8 kg ++

I was not a bad aSS.  I had dirty ass from the tilamsik of the  tires.  Very wet warmer, jersey, socks and Scott shoes that failed.  The carbon sole and the upper separated and I could not uncleats, I nearly fell.

No comments: