Saturday, November 12, 2011

No Bike Ride This Week

Have bike, we will help save the earth...

I did not have any stationary practice nor a ride this week. I was in HK with the family for three days, from Wednesday till Friday. The exercise we had was last Wednesday, when we walked almost 5 km going back and forth Nathan rd up to Salisbury and Temple street for the night market. Then Thursday, we walked almost the same distance at a theme park in Lantau island. And up to now my thighs are sore because last Friday, I went up the Kings park in Kowloon. It was about 700 ft high with say 300 to 400 steps. Good practice for hill climbs.

I noticed though in Mongkok where they are supposed to have a sporting goods haven at Fa Yuen, I expected to see many bikes. There was none. Our Quiapo and Cartimar, or Marikina bike centers are heaven sent. Thanks to Christie, Jojie, Benjie and John Wilkis. We are blessed with good bike stores. That are up to date and reasonably priced.

No comments: