Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Being one with the bike and being a better biker

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
April 24, 2018

It is only lately that I feel that I am one with my bike.  After nearly 10 years of biking. That comes from:

     1.  Constant use of the bike, and knowing its quirks and capability;
     2.  Being happy with its parts and performance: 

          1.  The fit:  TT tube 50 cm
          2.  Weight due to 1.2 kg alum frame, 1.435 wheel set, lightweight seat post,  stem, and drop
                bar:  short reach, (compact) and  120 mm drop.

          3.  The addition of Jagwire nipples for the cable leading to crisper shifting, and better
                braking

Hence, I on several occasions can pace with the paceline (or even lead the peloton) or lead other similar age riders.  And I do not get fatigued as it was before.

With a good bike and with great appearance, you are more motivated to bike, and bike better

No comments: