Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thorough washing and disassembly of bikes needed after Marinduque viaje

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
April 12, 2018


                                                 Sobra kalawang noong Lunes at Martes


Although I sprayed silicone oil 2x on my Bianchi Freccia, the chain showed signs of rusting as I arrived home Monday.  On Tuesday, the rusting had affected the entire chain.  I sprayed water again (gagalitin ang salt spray further)  And then just as I was starting to remove the bottom bracket (ISIS type)  as I looked at the FB I saw an urgent PM from Jess urging us as per advice of supremo to service the bottom bracket and the axle hubs.  Di ko kaya ang sealed bearing. Sana Ok na.

I discovered too that the dust had caused looseness in the bearing of the BB and may get worse in next two months (due for servicing?)  I polished the races of the bearing with fine 2000 sand paper.  And hoped that the play will diminish.  (Diminish pero meron pa rin)

So far, with diesel and detergent as advised, the rusting of the chain stopped.  I hope others have serviced their bikes that came from Marinduque. Some fun, plenty of hard work after







No comments: