Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Practicing for the 1,800 Gensan Ride

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
April 24, 2018

Mr. Vhen Apran and I practiced today by riding from Angono to Morong, Teresa, and Antipolo.  Unfortunately for me, I lost the missing link near the new Taytay Market.  I had to do a scooter like ride ie pushing off with left leg and coasting along when there is momentum.  Fortunately for Vhen, he rescued me and pushed me home from San Francisco to near M. Diaz.  Thanks Vhen

But we had great ride.  Going up between Morong and and Teresa, and Teresa and Antipolo.  I did not have to go to 32 sprocket.  Only 28 t.   We spent some time at Antipolo Church.

Ride last April 22, 2018

Four of us rode:   Reymundo Pactao, I,  Jovencio and Jaime Maravillosa.  It was supposed to be a 3j practice ride for the 1,800 km odyssey to GenSan.  The 3J are:   Jorge, Jaime, and Jovencio

Reymundo, I and Vhen were on the first part of the practice from Angono to Morong.  Since Reymundo is young I have to keep pace with him.  However, I mayabang tried to outsprint him at Callahan and Namay.  Medyo dipa lang ang distancia.

Then Jim joined us at Pisong Kape.  We were not clear as to where we were going. They changed from Jalajala to Bugarin and to Bugarin I went up.  (Di pala sa Jala jala) But they joined me later on.  Reymond was pacing at 10 to 12 kph and the two other seniors were left by about a km.  We had buko at OL and then went home.  It was pretty hot.  And this calls for early biking time to avoid the heat.

No comments: