Friday, June 23, 2017

Vhen and I agreed we would not be joining Zambales ride this Saturday

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
June 23, 2017

As I am writing this post, I am coughing and experiencing general body malaise.   Probably I was exhausted from heat and exposure to rain and hot weather during my birthday ride.   (Add to that high bmr causing me to sweat profusely and my back is exposed to wet clothes)

Yesterday at Wawa, I conversed with Vhen Apran, a senior like me who would like to join the Zambales long ride this Saturday up to Monday. It will be 200 km one way  I said because of my experience on my long ride  last Saturday, I will elect not to.  At 11 am, up to 3 pm, the hottest part of the day, we will be hill climb at Dinalupihan and Subic and may be probably too risky for us.  We may get a heat stroke and be a liability to the group.

I all ready informed Gerry.  

Better be prudent than sorry?

No comments: