Monday, June 5, 2017

Too much DIY can create problems; if you are not careful

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
June 5, 2017

I could not use my Fuji carbon fiber well lately.  It would not shift well between 21 to 23  and 12, 13 and 14 at the cogs.

I found out today:

1. That the  nut for the cogs was not tight  (the tool that I used Taiwan made does not fit well the Campy cogs.) Fortunately today, I found the Shimano tool that fit;

2.  I used the wrong spacers:   between 21 and 23, it had to the wider spacer with the groove;  I saw that the distance between 21 and 23.  The correct spacer was between 12 and 13, both would not shift well.  

Compared to Shimano, even if you interchange the spacer, there would be no problem

So I had the spacers interchanged, tightened the nut.

Tomorrow, I could use the bike well?

No comments: