Friday, June 24, 2016

What a 11 -32 cogs using short cage RD only??

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
June 24, 2016


                                                   Parang ito na usong set up


                                                A la Contador bike for the Alps


I passed by the Villmayor bike parts in Pag asa Binangonan Rizal to consult Bitois, their and my mechanic for  the last 7 years to inquire on how to remove the chatter on my front Bianchi Campagnolo wheelset (there are some dents, I bought it used;  I would like to think the owner figured in a collision or some accident)

Well afterwards he showed me a road bike which he just assembled and which was price tagged at P120,000.  It has 105 group set, has  Zipp like aero wheelset, and carbon fiber frame.  I could swear too that my Bianchi is lighter than this expensive bike.

What caught my attention was its 11 32 cog set.  But it had a long cage.  And they are no selling long cage RD without the group set.

As soon as I got home, I removed the 6600 Ultegra 12 28 cog set and replaced with xt ten speed 11 to 32.  And I initially thought it would not fit  Its RD is short cage. (The hub is 9 speed only)  It did

The B screw was only set at one half and there is still plenty of room to spare.

Where would I get the P120t to get that handsome bike.  My Bianchi would do.

I now have best of two worlds with this Bianchi bike.   The high speed of 53 x 11, and the climbing ability of 32 cogs.  Just like Contador.  Hahaha


No comments: