Friday, June 24, 2016

Bike ride to Jalajala today June 24, 2016

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
June 24, 2016

Tomorrow is a job day.  So no chance to bike.  So bringing the Bianchi bike, I rode out to Jalajala, 50 km one way (100 km out and back)  I started out 6:45 and was  in Pililla by 8:10.  And in Jalajala by 9:30.  (That is 2:30 for 50 km)   But I ate Lugaw in Morong and stayed there for about 20 minutes.

I swear I was faster. The bike is light, and perhaps I am stronger.  The weather was fine, there were not too many vehicles. It just rained last night so it was a pleasant ride.

I rode with 39 chain ring and tried to spin as I rode. I tried surging and trying to reach say 30 kph with 39 chain ring.   I however, did not change my cogs much perhaps moving only up to 15 t going uphill.

I did the following:

1. Standing going uphill for say 300 to 400 meters
2.  Riding the drops
3.  Sprints as usual, or HID occasionally say every km post.

Now I realize there are plenty of things I still to have know and experience riding the bike.
Now some hills do not seem so tall and intimidating after all.   The hill going up from Jala jala up to Malaya does not seem too tall.  You have to read the hills well too.  The Jala jala hills seem false flat.

No comments: