Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bike Ride Today, September 13, 2015

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
September 13, 2015

I intended to bike up to Mabitac today to ramp up my mileage.  I biked early this week to Antipolo, to  Km 55 in Tanay.

I left at 7:00 am and saw some MTB on the way, and then a fixie in Darangan.  He was from Rosario and said was going to bike up to Mambog.  We were side by side and even was ahead of him until some 100 meters to Mambog summit.  He left we panting.

Then on to Cardona, then some Taytay boys and the fixie from Mambog overtook me in Cardona.  I proceeded up to Baras, to Tanay and  then Pililla. On the way, a pair one with TT overtook me, but I pursued them and they did not get far away. A group came rushing by in the last bend at the Biak na Bato until Hacienda Pisong Kape.   I arrived 8:10 and ate my lugaw with egg there until 8:30. I saw the other Recyclists pass by and Abet came back.  He said the others were going up Bugarin.

By 8:30 I biked up to OL and there I saw Jess, Edgar, Joel, Tito,  Master E, Richard, and Allan A and they ate buko.  I ate my buko too (now steady at P20.00 each)  It was nine when I reached OL. So I said I would still bike to Bugarin which I did.  I stopped some l km to the flats, peed and turned back.

On the way down, I met some pamangkin:   Bogie Mosqueda (cousin of Jorge Calingo, the bike shop owner in Pag asa) and his brother and some bikers wearing 7 11 uniform.  We rode together until Pililla town hall.  I rested having come from Mabitac.   I rode home alone but it was too hot all ready.  I was home at exactly 12 and would have travelled 100 km 40 of which was hill climbing.

No comments: