Monday, November 11, 2013

Repairing my Spyder Helmet

Real Cyclists

Angono Rizal  PHL  11/11/2013

                              The black parts to the rear right and left were the affected parts

Ever since I had an accident (I fell off the bike after its front wheel got caught in the drainage gratings in front of Starbucks in Shangri La Edsa) I paid close attention to my head gear.  If I did not wear my helmet at that time, I would not be posting here.  So I bought i Spyder head gear which set me back by several thousands.

However, for two months now, I am bothered by the two tears at the plastic attachment of the polyurethane part to the straps.  The attachment enables you to tighten or loosen the strap.

Since I heard Cataps has done of many miracle work on expensive helmets using nothing more than plastic from used containers and Mighty Bond, I consulted him yesterday at Morong, Rizal at a pitstop. He enumerated to me the process.  So we agreed, if my repair failed, he I would bring the helmet to him.  So on the way back, I bought Mighty Bond which set me back by P48.00.  (My helmet cost me P2,700) about 2 years ago. 

Yesterday afternoon, I tried the repair, and judging from the pictures, I think I was successful.




No comments: