Monday, March 26, 2018

Is this post a Bad Influence (BI) over other kapadyaks (Recyclists)?

Wheels of Happiness



Rizal Philippines
March 26, 2018

In my conversation with a fellow Recyclist at Wawa this evening, I learned that I could be a bad influence to other cyclists. Others have  been aspiring to build their dream bikes:  beautiful, eve super bike status -  light and fast just like the Bianchi I built. So far Joel is getting one;  then there  may be Jess and Engr. June.  Jimmy may be saving too. Echo plans to buy my Fuji.

One of those that I have infuenced to invest is Vhen Apran.  I advised him to get an alum Ridley at P15,000, buy an AmCla 350 sprint at P5,000..  Buy a Specialized helmet for P1,500 (which when VM Jun Vic compared to his  own helmet said was an exact  copy of the more expensive P11,500 orig helmet.)

And so many bike frames that costs  5 to 10x more than the OEM would likely get stock.  Even the new bikes of VM would not find many buyers. Why buy a P200 to 300k bike when you can build one with Durace groupset for just P100k.  

And so Bianchi and SWorks have their own agents at Customs to watch for OEM bikes.  But those who are dreamers will get their cheap carbon fiber frames.

My neighbor Long who is an MTB and mountaineer greeted me me while I was cleaning  our drainage and spoke about the Bianchi project.  He said some of his colleagues bought the cheaper carbon fiber OEM at 12k.  It figured in an accident and still stood tall.  It did not did not break down as others have speculated being not original.

KAYA NGA TINAWAG NA OEM -  ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER


                                          Celeste Green at home in a green garden





                                With Toseek Carbon drop bar, Ultegra STI


                                                Lotto Jumbo Edition


                                                 Selle Italia Saddle, Bianchi seat post





                                      Direct Mount Brakes- a challenge to install, adjust and center


                                 Look at the graphics and  decals;   all laminated (not paste on)



No comments: