Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Constant improvement of bike mechanic skills

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
March 28, 2018

My OEM bike build project brought me up close and personal with realities of bike shop business and the people in the industry.   I had the bike done by a bike shop in MM thinking that their skills are better off than in my hometown.  I was mistaken:

             1.  Not updated with new BB types, they do not even have press fit tool;
             2.  Unfamiliar with direct mount brakes.  They could not center the brake
                  and what they were doing were the same mistakes that I committed
                  BTW I got inquiries as to where I got my DM brakes -  kay Christy
                  at Quiapo
             3.  The other mechanic could not even get the left shifter function.

 Well, they are well versed in internal cabling.

The better mechanics are in Greenhills, Eastwood, and  Ortigas.  Dante of Lifecycle charges fair price.  I do not know about Bikezilla and Missing Link (Ka Amado?)

No comments: