Thursday, February 22, 2018

My OEM bike project taking shape

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Phililppines
February 22, 2018

                                              Installed na direct mount ultegra brakes

Four twos in a date. Seems a lucky date.

My OEM bike frame which arrived last Saturday, after 3 weeks or nervous waiting (the communication with the supplier based in the Visayas was erratic and it started after I made my full payment) is slowly beginning to take shape.

I still lack the following:

     1. A crank that has spindle of 100 mm or more is needed.  I have to get a Shimano.  The Red which is
         very light, will not fit because the spindle length being designed for BB 30 is only 74 mm;  Kaya
         pala walang pumapatol  maski very light.  The crank is BB 30 specific (the BB shell width) It wont do
         for threaded or 865 or 90 mm shell

    2.   A drop bar

    3.  Stem  50 mm

    4.  86.5 bb which is available at Bikezilla

I will sell a bike just to get a 6800 group set.   It will be heavier by 100 gms because I have to use a 600+ grams Ultegra  crankset.  Ibang Red gagamitin ko:  STI, rd, fd.    and still get a respectable weight.  Maybe 6.6 kg.



                                                 Mukhang peke ba o orig?  What do you think?

No comments: