Monday, February 19, 2018

My new bike CG project coming to life

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
February 19, 2018
                                                  Worth the wait.  I retained the bubble wrap
                                                       to avoid scratches...


The owner of a bike shop in Cebu who handled the importation of my OEM bike arrived in Manila Saturday morning to treat his wife to a concert in MoA (which I later learned was cancelled) He would leave today.  So I cancelled part of my ride, just to take personal delivery of the frame.  Its delivery since its arrival in the Philippines was delayed by 3 weeks all ready:  reason?   The courier company upped their charges 3x what they used to charge.  So delivery charge would be P6,000 up from former P2,000.

And so he checked in the bike frame, hoping he would send this by courier or meet me personally.  I I cut short my ride to Paoay, and tried to get an early ride from Vigan to Cubao.  I got one by 6 am Partas.  However the road condition was bad and I reached Cubao by 5 pm, and MoA by 6:40.   The guy with the young and beautiful wife arrived at 7:10.  The box was big, so I had to pay extra for one passenger in the bus that unloaded me at Robinson Galleria and the van from Galleria to home.

Since I did not have time to unload and look for the parts, I took note that:   the insert was missing, there seemed to be no headset and the headset plug extender.    I texted the guy, and the part, the insert to tighten the seat post, could not be found.  Lo and behold, it got mixed up with the packing syropor.  The head set was the in the frame.   The BB was wrong.  The BB shell is 86.5 mm very much wider than the normal shell, and the SRAM crank would not penetrate till the drive side;  so the GXP 865 bb would really need to be bought at P2k at Bikezilla or life cycle...

I installed the brake all ready the seat post, and temporary for the fork.  It still weighed very light.


                                                The fork being held in place by masking tape


                                                         Seat post and seat all ready installed

                                                        The box that arrived from Cebu which
                                                                I lugged from MoA by commute


                                                   Styropor boards and carton that protected
                                                              the bike frame.


No comments: