Monday, February 19, 2018

Lost crank bolt replaced - problem solved

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
February 19, 2018



I lost the crank bolt of my Fuji last Friday, almost noon time about 3 km from Holy Gardens, at Lingsat San Fernando La Union. I must have dropped it some 5 km away at Bauang because I heard something loud dropped. I did not stop because some Recyclists would be crashing at my back

The left crank arm dropped beneath my feet;  and could not continue.  I loaded the bike unto the support vehicle driven by Jonjon (Widltrak Ranger owned by Sympathy Angono) and just led the bikers to Holy Gardens La Union for lunch and refreshments.

I was saddened by the loss because I would not be able to continue the once in a lifetime ride. It was kind enough for Vhen Apran to lend me his bike:   a Sintesi with AmCla wheel set.  8 speed Sora.

I was sad too because I may not be able to buy  replacement:  maybe a new BB,or a new crankset.

So I met Sec Noe this morning this AM and told me to be positive that I would find a replacement at Nuts and Bolts in Tayuman or at Eduard. And true enough I found one at Villamayor c/o Jay.  It cost P20.00. I bought 2.   The other crank bolt, at the drive (ring) side was also loose.  How come they would get loose -sa lakas at bilis ng padyak?

Problem solved. Hay salamat


                                            Napalitan na -  solution P20.00 at Villamayor bike parts


                                                   Deep gasgas sa left/non drive crank dahil nakaladkad
                                                                 sa concrete road

No comments: