Thursday, July 13, 2017

Using electrical tape as rim tape

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
July 17, 2017


Image result for electrical tape over rim tape

Image result for electrical tape over rim tape

Image result for electrical tape over rim tape



Electrical tape as rim tape from MTB forum

This post experienced two flats in rapid succession: at his Bianchi bike   while biking, and the other while the bike was parked inside the bedroom.  There was no apparent puncture from outside (as nails, broken glass);  the hole which were large, were seen at the side of the tube facing the rim bed.  So the problem could be the worn out tape on the rim bed. (Masking tape) The masking tape I used before had worn out.   The regular bike tape would set me back by P100.00 at least (or more)   I met Gerry and he suggested electrical tape which Odi, the mechanic at Villamayor used to seal the aberration from the rim bed that can cause puncture  on the interior.

And so I did.  I bought two Armak electrical tape.  (Cost P10.php only each)  And put over the rubber strips cut from old interior. Each one was good for 2 1/2 layer of protection on the rim bed.  I finished the project at 8 pm last night;  I sweated profusely as I completed the project.  The interior tube seem to be holding out well;  no flats again  which I expect on the road.  (But unable to ride because of frequent rains)

No comments: