Monday, September 12, 2016

Riding the Bianchi road bike again after two months of MTB rides

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
September 11, 2016

We commemorate two events today:   99th birthday of late Ferdinand Marcos and the crashing of 4 passenger jetliners piloted by suicide pilots at NYC Trade Center, Pentagon and  Pennsylvania where 3,000 Americans perished.

Yesterday I rode solo to Pililla on my Bianchi roadie After saying little prayer at Sacred Heart Parish in Tayuman (which we usually do for to praise, thank the Lord and guide us in our biking so that we arrive home safely) I tried to chase some MTB which I did so successfully.  There was one in blue jersey who also chased me again.  The last time he did that was at Island Gas and then never saw him again.   Then I chased somebody at Callahan, but I never got past him when he overtook a long truck going down from Callahan.  I was able to pass him and another MTB who was in pink and black jersey.   He passed me at Morong market, but I retook the lead at Namay.   I was solo again up to km 55 where a large thighed rider on a roadie with back pack passed me.  I chased him and road by him side by side until km 58 which I planned as the limit of my ride.

On the way back after seeing that there was no food in Tanay Gardens, I gave chase to two riders one tall and one short and caught up with them on the way up the hill at the Baras Tanay boundary and overtook them.  They caught up with me again and chased them until past the PNP station and towed them until Maybancal where I peeled off to look for lugaw.

In Angono, I saw the group of MTB riders (group of Armin).  They said they toured from Antipolo Teresa., Morong, Cardona, Binangonan and home. They recognized me on my roadie and said hello

The heat was overbearing yesterday

No comments: