Tuesday, September 13, 2016

How the 6 drops of oil saved me P6,000 (buying a new STI)

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
September 13, 2016



I am very much bothered by my malfunctioning 6700 Ultegra STI.  It was a very new 2nd hand when I bought it 5 years ago from my brother (it came with an FSA carbon crank)  brakes, FD and RD.

The main problem is with left STI (for the FD)  It would shift to the large chain ring.  But shifting down the small chain ring is a sometimes affair. Kailangang timingan.

What were done:

1.  I tried to overhaul it (I opened the guts but found nothing wrong)

2. Ibinababad sa WD 40 at gas.  But nothing much improved.

3.  Looked at the groups selling STI.  I was tempted to buy even 105 STI

But yesterday, I put 3 drops of oil to each of the STI, and lo and behold they worked perfectly again.

Just 6 drops of oil

No comments: