Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Nagbike up to Antenna at San Carlos - asphalted na! No more thrill for MTBs

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
April 18, 2017

I biked up to Marian Hills entrance this morning with my Sava MTB.  I had a little difficulty managing the climb because I have not climbed SCH for a couple of months and I stayed using hard gears.   32 x 32 (not going down to the granny)   Lo and behold, the posts made earlier that the road leadding to the site has been asphalted was confirmed today.   After the switchback at the concrete portion that ends after the fork at Sitio Manga, all the way up, a distance of about 500 meters, it is all asphalted.  Thanks to some great LGU officials.  I can climb the same on a road bike using compact gears without much difficulty.

No comments: