Monday, October 22, 2012

Our bike ride today to Jajajala October 21`, 2012

Biking and health


I would say it is was a great hard furious ride.

Joel, Jeff and I (3 Js) + Master Edwin met at Pag asa pa Y thinking we were ahead of others.  When I called up Luis at 620, he said they were in Mambog.  We had to bike fast to catch up.  I tried to lead the way`up to Callahan, when Joel, Jeff and Edgar overtook.

Jeff had a flat near the market and we had `to assist him.  We arrived at Simples at around 720.  Those were there:   Luis, Papa Ric, Tommy, VM, Nolite, Tito, Gerry Cataps, Thirdkill, Ado, Ben, Archie, Armin, Choco2, Chito F, Jess.

Noticeably absent:  Schmitt, June F, Amigo,

We had quick breakfast of Lugaw with egg;   we quickly left at 720.  I paced from Morong until I was attacked at Km 54.  We arrived at Pisong Kape at 7:30.

We are at Bugarin by 830.  I was left behind because I bought BJ.

At Mabitac, I saw Jeff had another flat tire.  I lent him my spare interior.  We are at rendezvous point by 910 and ate Lomi.  I spent only PHP 20 for this.  From Mabitac highway to Lomi Haus, it was raining.  A fun day to ride.  We left Lomi Haus by 9:30

From after the bridge, I paced until near Punta when I gave up the effort. ` My thighs were burning.  I rode and spun with Ado and exchanged stories from near Punta up to Jalajala.  We were there at about 11:00.

Lo and behold we were not the last:   Luis and Jess, Gerry, Edgar and Papa Ric came later.

We had refreshment:   water and juice.  We took at about  11:45.  It rained again at Quisao at past 12.  No one stopped;  I guess every one was hungry.` The scheduled food stop was at Tanay, but then everybody's tank was empty and we had to eat at Pisong Kape.   Boy, everybody was hungry.

We took off at 1 pm.  I again joined the lead pack but surrendered at km 51.  We arrived at Simples by 1:30 and rested.  We waited for Ben, Papa Ric, Edgar, and Luis.

We were home by 2:40.

Great ride.

 x                          About to leave Simples at 730 am for Jalajala


 x                            Ben and Gerry at Pisong Kape, the white bike is mine


                                   Joel rode with her


                                   Gerry Cataps on the way up Bugarin


                                Armin and VM;   VM and Tommy did not join us at Jalajala

                                Jorgeusbiker, Archie, Edgar, Edwin Tito and Nolite


                                 Traitors


                                   Chito and Jeff taking off for Jalajala from Mabitac`


                                           Resting at Jalajala after furious pedalling


 x







                                Empty tanks and very hungry at pisong kape

                                     Papa Ric

                                    Very empty plates show the degree of lack of nutrition now

                                                   Colorful flowers at Barangay Hall


                                  Butt view


                                    Waiting for Luis, Ben, Edgar, Papa Ric at Simples Lugawan


                                 Armin, Choco2, Joel, Chito, Jeff, Master, and Nolite

                                 Jess, Nolite and Armin


                                      J and J:   Jorgeusbiker and Jess

No comments: