Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Bike Ride Today to Tagaytay

Bike and Save the Earth

Gerry, Allan and Angel told me they planned a ride to Tagaytay today. I have not biked for three times on week end since Jan 29, 30 -  that was when I went to Thailand;  On Feb 5, I simply did not bike, and on Feb l2, it was the day I came from La Union.

Where art thou?

I failed to find the bike mates at the appointed place in front of INK.  I waited until 630.  They could have left me.  So I made a chase and I was Bicutan by 7 am.  However I broke the bike chain in front of Camp Bagong Diwa and everything was in shambles.

Broke chain

Although I  had a chain tool, which enabled me to reassemble the broken chain, the tool itself broke and was not able to seal the chain.  I broke only after 30 meters of biking.  I walked down till the intersection to look for bike shop. Fortunately, I met a senior biker (just like me) His name is:   Raffy Calderon, who said he is the cousin of the mayor of our town.   Thank you Raffy.  Thus I was able to bike again.  By 8 I was off to Tagaytay.  By 8:30 I was in Alabang;  9 at Bacoor, l030 at Silang and  Tagaytay by ll45.  I checked my companions and still did not respond.

                                        Daang Hari




                                   Landscaping at Kings Road

New acquaintances:

I met Ortiz who said he is from Makati, and contactor at Citiland in Tagaytay.  Somebody he said died from heart attack while biking fast on the first day he arrived from abroad.  He said Angelo Reyes is their bike mates.  He could not tell me why the good general shot himself.  Ortiz said the good general brought his secret with his death.

I met also June from Malate and his group from Manila.  He is an SG and says he regularly bikes at Moa.  He can bike at about 40 to 45 kph and he is at the paceline.  But today he can bike only l5 kph






















Strong crosswinds and headwinds

Riding up Tagaytay was quite slow.  I can only do l5 to l8 kph because of the winds.  At  the C6 it is also the same

Fragrance from blooming flowers

When crosswinds blow, there is an intoxicating fragrance coming from blooming flowers.  What could they be?  Flowers from mango or orange orchard?  But it is something different.

Could it be from the coffee trees?

My companions did not ride to Tagaytay

I checked Gerry today.  He arrived at the rendezvous point at 6:45.  Allan got drunk.  They rode to Morong instead.  His phone was out of order.

Planned ride this Sunday

There is a planned ride this Sunday again to Tagaytay.  I hope they come

No comments: