Saturday, December 18, 2021

Tried out the Met helmet and S works biking shoes

Wheels of Happiness





Last week, VM Jun Vic gifted me with a Colnago bike, a Met helmet and a S works biking shoes (with Boas and lightweight Dymax  upper.  The Met helmet is equipped with MIPS  (Multi directional Impact Protection System -  it mimics the brain own protection system and its main indicator is the yellow sticker at the bottom of the helmet.  It is claimed to reduce the injury to the brain on impact)

I tried this on bike ride today on MTB.  It takes some getting used to after having been away from cleats shoes for more than a year.   It always feels as though I would fall, as if I would be unable to uncleat.  There is no problem with the helmet.   

You can feel the full power transfer when using the cleats.   The S works shoes (SRP P24K)    is also very light compared to Shimano, Sidi shoes.   

After a month of riding I would get used to cleats again?


No comments: