Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Issues with the MTB while riding to KM 90

Wheels of Happiness

Riding was hard  going to Jariels and I found out the the QR got loose and there was bike rub.   I corrected this at KM 88.   And later the bike ride became effortless.   All that I did was center the brake caliper  (loosen the bolts on the brakes and center the brake, then tighten)

I noticed that I have the same issue with SAVA whenever on long ride;    the hub getting stuck and brake rub.  I should have the QR tightened and  hub more 

The spoke at the back broke when I was all ready in Cardona at Callahan   Today I was able to replace the spoke.  That is the weakness of MTB or wheel set with only 24 spokes.   It is best to have 32 or 36 WS.  Heavier but lesser tendency for spokes to give way

All that I did were:    remove the broken spoke.  It took sometime to loosen the spoke from the nipple.  Then insert the nte spoke at the hub.   (All I did was to look for thehole in the hub without a spoke)  Insert the threaded portion of the spoke to the nipple.  Then tighten.  Good heavens  the wheel was still true.  













No comments: