Monday, July 21, 2014

I was not able to bike for a week, reason, I could not walk and my right foot was swollen and painful

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines  July 21, 2014

Two Mondays ago, my foot was swollen and very painful. I could not stand nor take a step. For three days I was disabled.  I could not get up from bed and could not go to work.  And that meant I could not bike, even the trainer.

I suspected that I I had gout, or that I had a big toe injury.  The Sunday before, I climbed Antipolo.  But there was nothing that indicated that my condition would deteriorate that fast.




Fortunately the swelling subsided last Thursday, I took the tricycle to a diagnostic center where I had X ray and CBC and was able to see the family doctor in the afternoon.  Well it was all good news:  all my blood chem were OK;   tri, blood uric acid, cholesterol and bs slightly elevated HBAIC (bs for the last 90 days) were normal.  I did not have fracture or dislocation.

The findings gave me a peace of mind that nothing was wrong.  However, swelling continued and I was not able to bike Sunday

Last Sunday I visited a kumpare who has diabetes like me.  And later I learned he is a hilot (who heals with his hands - "fingering he told me) and there I asked him to take my pulse and lo and behold,he was able to pinpoint what ails me and he "fingered" my large toe, and afterwards, the pain was totally gone.    Sometimes hilot work.

What was the lesson:

Take good care of our feet.  Savor the time when we are mobile and can walk.  We should be mindful of how we treat the PWD.  Its very difficult.

No comments: