Monday, July 28, 2014

A day of meeting fellow seniors July 27, 2014

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines  July 28, 2014

Yesterday I biked to Antipolo City.  This is the first time in 3 weeks that I attempted to ride up Antipolo again after I had painful and swelling feet.  You really appreciate the things that you enjoy and have like ability to walk, ride and be ambulatory on your own, after you experience pain and sickness.  Thanks Lord I am well again.

I attended the mass when I arrived in Antipolo at about 7:15 and caught the Gospel until the end of the mass.

I met the following seniors after the mass:

Domingo Nicolas from Marikina who is 63 (same age as me) He said the Nicolas rider is a relative, and the famous Sicams are riders too.  He has been riding for a long time.

Ado from San Mateo, 66.  Both are mountain bikers.  I met him while eating lugaw at C Lauis.  THey are are of course very strong and young looking.

ON the way home, I decided to visit a barkada (hahaha) who is now 83 but has a bum and painful knee (just like Eraps case;  he is bowlegged  -  the cartilage gave way due to incessant pounding.)   He was advised against having an operation (agree).  He was happy that I visited him after 6 years.  He was tennis buddy and more.


No comments: