Monday, August 20, 2012

Was in Catbalogan Samar this weekend

Biking and health



                                         San Juanico Bridge


Was not able to bike this weekend because had to make a trip to Catbalogan Samar to do real estate project study for a former classmate in college.  It was my first time there.

It was an opportunity for me to familiarize myself with Samar, its scenery, food and people.  It also familiarized me with the road should I take the trip to GSC.   The roads are nice and well built now and there are plenty of hill climbs.  Going out of Catbalogan to diversion is 3 km of hill climb. I saw two bikers as we inspected the property

While I was there, the mass was celebrated for feast of San Roque at St Bartolmen church.   It was an all male affair:   hermanos, collector, lay minister.   In the Church, it all male saints only.

This weekend was time for many fiestas


                                    Image of San Roque


                                  The hermanos and KC

                                   The handsome St. Bartholomew church interior




 x                                St Bartholomew church


                                  Glass stained decor;  all male saints


                                           Church facade


               Was accompanied by the son of the classmate, was bar topnotcher in 2011

No comments: