Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Biker Ride Today March 4, 20l2

Bike and Save the Earth

I planned my bike ride today to be ordinary one;  a recovery ride.  However it did not turn out to be one.  In the Morong town proper, when I stopped pedaling, the bike just stopped.  It turned out that the wheel was out of true, the rims were hot and must have rubbed the brake pads for  say  4km  While in in Cardona town proper, I was pedaling with all my might and still maybe running only l5 kmh.

When I found out that the rear wheel was out of true (misaligned, I loosened the rear brake) managed to go to simple Lugawan, mix it up with  the Recyclists.  I rode back to hometown with Richard and went straight to Eduard the mechanic in Taytay Rizal.  2 spokes broke and while repairing it another one broke.  I plan to have the spokes returned to 36.  I had it converted to l8 to lighten the weight.  Then converted to 24.  But still the spokes break constantly and is source of  headache. 

No comments: