Sunday, July 10, 2011

Its Slippery, Wet, and Dangerous (When It is Raining... Ha ha What are youThinking?)

I used to bike when it rains or there is typhoon because I think it is cool and fun.  However since I crashed after a light drizzle (the bikes rear tires slid because of mud on the inclined portion of the road)  I had ugly scratch at my left butt, the STI  was misaligned and deeply scratched, the handle bar was scratched likewise.

The day after Ondoy, I biked to Jalajala.  Of course, there were still mud puddles and water everywhere.  Three months after, I found out that my headpost and BB were rusting.  If you do ride in rain or in a flood, disassemble your headset, bb and even your axle.  They might have mud and water and eventually rust eats your expensive components and group sets.  No metal is ever immune from rust or corrosion.

You can waterproof your bike (I put rubber waterguards for the seatpost, bb and headpost) or spray silicon. to waterproof your bike however, the wet road is slick, slippery and dangerous.

So the best solution. stay at home and wait for the rain to go away.  Go to a gym, do other exercises or you have a stationary bike stand, do thirty minute warm up/spin.

No comments: