Saturday, August 27, 2016

Riding up Gate 2 of San Carlos on a MTB with relative ease

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
August 27, 2016

Biking up San Carlos even from Gate 1, Tolentino.   You have to be in your lowest gear.  Most of those who I see riding up use their granny gears : 24 x 32 to 36.   (I try to ride 32 x 28 or 32)  As a matter of fact single motor bike offer a towing service who are less inclined to suffer.

It is even more so riding up from Gate 2. From Ynares st, it is a hard steep ride.  Not many attempt riding up this path.  I have seen only 2:   MTB from Taytay and Smith.   They all use granny gear.

First time I rode this path, I had to stop and walk.  I had difficulty in breathing and pedalling.   I am able to ride this up with relative ease.  This morning in our PE I rode this route again.   Less hard breathing compared before.  Mabuhay


No comments: