Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Questions about your motivation after a hard ride

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
August 31, 2016






My thigh still ache two days after the ride to Majayjay.  (220+  km in all out and back) and it was a two day ride with overnight stay at Majayjay.  Before we had day ride, which was was done in speed. I ask myself why did this happen to me?

Am I finished as a long distance endurance rider?

Am I getting old for this?

Was I wrong in choosing to have  this long ride?  Why did other younger riders not join this ride?

Or was it because I lacked long distance run, or that I used a heavier less aerodynamic bike (a mountain bike?)  Should have I brought the Fuji carbon or the Bianchi road bike instead.

Maybe when the pain is gone, I would no longer doubt my motivation.  It is still good, and I get good dividends from biking

No comments: