Monday, October 17, 2022

Make highway crossings at foodstops and fruit stands safe

Wheels of Happiness

Yesterday, I nearly got stuck dead by a speeding Honda City at a Rizal town, while crossing the highway
walking to eat lunch.    As if I am just a duck or chicken crossing.   

First the driver who could have seen me crossing should have slowed down.
Secondly there should be street signs or pedestrian lane across the highway
Thridly I should be aware of such a danger and did no cross if I saw all ready an oncoming traffic.

But many do not stop a pedestrian lane even if before a stop light or intersection.  What happened to 
our motorists who just got a vehicle on instalment and act like a king who owns the road in utter disregard of LTO laws


a) THE DRIVER OF A VEHICLE SHALL YIELD THE RIGHT-OF-WAY TO A PEDESTRIAN CROSSING THE ROADWAY WITHIN ANY MARKED CROSSWALK OR WITHIN ANY UNMARKED CROSSWALK AT AN INTERSECTION, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION



No comments: