Monday, March 7, 2022

Crashing at Recyclist Long Ride last February 25 2022

Wheels of Happiness

It was indeed unfortunate that this post crashed in Pagbilao near Lucena city after completing the sojourn to Bitukang Manok. The bike steering suddenly wobbled while avoiding a pothole and it went out of control and lay sprawled on the road.   It was good Tito was there and assisted me.  

It was the baddest crash because aside from being painful:   I had two large road rash at the left elbow and left hips plus a very painful shoulder.    The helmet showed some scratches (I did not realize they could not be used anymore)

I was not able to complete the 145 kms or so riding home via San Pablo City.   

1,  This post consulted the family doctor last Monday, however the diagnostic test including the x ray was to be only done on Wednesday (no sense of emergency because I was ambulatory.  I did dress my rashes though

2.  The Wednesday diagnostic which cost a lot did not go smoothly because I did not bring my SC card, I had to walk back for it;  the wounds were dressed at the MHO c/o wifes relatives.  The nuse turned out to be a relative also.  I was worried because as of Wednesday, the wounds were still fresh.  The nurse thought that my BS was high

3.  The nurse advised me to buy Supra tulle But got only Para tulle.   She dressed my wounds with this stuff Friday   The pain in the  the wounds seemed to disappear  and the pus seemed to be less.  She said the next dressing would be by Monday.  

4. This post got the results:   CBC and x  ray only by Friday.   For CBC, my BS was 11+  and my triglycerides were high.  I had a incomplete fracture at the shoulder and I was referred to the orthopedic surgeon.  However my mobility was OK and pain was not so much.  The orthopedic surgeon was not available that afternoon and would be seen next Thursday.   All I know too was my shoulder was to be immobilized by sling or bandage. 


I hope to be fine soon and I am thinking hard on the continuance of my biking

I met VM this morning when I was walking towards Watson to buy wound dressing stuff.  who asked how was I.  I said I was all ready ambulant,  Much of the pain was gone.  He however told me of the sorry state of Met helmet  (which he gave me)   The Met Mips probably saved me from many more serious injuries.  (which we see in many posts where the victim ask for assistance because of serious wounds

This is not frightenother riders.  But to warn others to be aware that accidents do happen and it could be painful.  





No comments: