Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Engr Jun's Bike was a Casualty of Oct 2 Ride to Nagcarlan

Have bike, we will help save the earth...

Engr Jun texted me that his Look bike was a casualty of the Oct.2, 20ll ride to Nagcarlan. (Fortunately or unfortunately for me I was not able to join the ride hence my bike was spared from the rains) He said his chain broke and the brake spring broke. For a campy brake, that is an expensive repair. However, he said, the spring is being fabricated. He hopes to ride to have repair completed by this Saturday.

He advised us to: put oil always on the chain and grease the bike whenever we ride in the rain.

As for me, I cover the BB and the headset with velcro rain coat and if I can avoid, I will not ride in the rain., I used to be but I paid the price. If you do always disassemble the BB and the axle.

No comments: