Monday, May 14, 2018

Does owning a pricey bike causes one to ride faster and harder?

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
May 14, 2018

Does owning a new carbon fiber bike make one ride faster because of psychological (yabang) reasons or because the bike really rides faster?  I wonder

But ever since I got this S works super bikes, I noticed that I often am tired and had to spend a great deal of time sleeping (fatigued or part of growing old)  I noticed too that I ride faster and harder.

1.  In the bike ride yesterday, though my kapadyak had a carbon frame bike (which I sold to  him) en route to the blessing, I still was ahead of him (he is much younger than me) and even overtook him after I stopped /waited for him.

2.  Today, a MTB overtook me and we took turns in overtaking each other:   at Montevideo, at Callahan, and Namay.   He must be only 20+.  That was hard riding.  Was it because the Venge Vias is a fast bike, or pride egged me on to get ahead of him?

What do you think?

No comments: