Saturday, February 18, 2017

Analysis of Baguio City ride

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
February 18, 2017




I thought that I did not do well with the Baguio city ride.   I used to be part of the peloton from Urdaneta to Sison.  In our last ride, up to camp 6, I was part of the middle pack.  Now I am the last. There could be various reasons:

1.  Age matters;  I got fatigued at the second half (100 km of the Urdaneta portion)

2.  I stayed back at the Tarlac to Pangasinan portion to assist a limping co rider;   he could have quit due to cramps but I encouraged him to go on spinning. Naturally, I had to go slower and break my rhythm

3. I used the road bike only one week before the ride. I was used to using MTB and got used to 42 x 13 gear combination.  Thus most of the time I was on 39 x 13 or 15 on flats

4.  The kapadyaks are simply getting stronger and faster.   And I am not because of #1

But one thing I can say is that I kept going at the Kenon portion.  The MTB gears saw me through the rest of the climb.   I did not feel distressed at any point in time

No comments: