Sunday, November 20, 2016

Bike ride today using MTB Mosso Falcon 2 with XT groupset

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal :Philippines
November 20, 2016




I did my usual Sunday long ride today (only up to Morong 26 km out and back) using my MTB Mosso Falcon 2 with XT group set (including wheel set)  I have not used it because of the poor braking performance.  I suspected its brake pads to have thinned out.  However, I had it fixed by Vitoy at Villamayor who added the mineral oil and bled it at the same time.

There are two memorable part of my ride:

1.  I was chased by two bikers from Pasig and the stronger one is named Encer.  Encer rested 2x after he overtook me and he rested once before Convention Center and the other near the exit of diversion in Cardona.  When he caught up with me in Morong, he said he admired me for being "Ang Lakas mo sir for an MTB rider and at yourage)  I was doing between 25 to 30 kph (my cyclometer was working well as well) That is a real compliment from a younger rider.

2. The other one is at diversion road and LLDA.  I negotiated the same using 34 x 28 onlyand 34 x 21 on the less steep part. However as I was about to the enter the main highway from diversion a  29 er overtook me and let by as much as 20 meter.  I patiently tried to catch up with me, and sprinted near the final bend.  The guy later caught up with me and said "Si Sir Jorge pala"  It is Louie de Guzman whom I joined going to Jarrell's peak.  He did not realize it was I who overtook him since I was wearing only slippers.  Ha ha ha nagulat ko siya

No comments: