Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Strengthening core body muscles can make you better rider

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines  |June 24, 2014

I had only one ride last week.  And yet, I was able to join the peloton, the lead pack (Jun Vic, Jericho, Jorge and Jess) from Tanay to km 58  and they were doing 45 kph (my first time to do so)   I and Joel were ahead too at Bugarin

Choco choco interviewed me about my secret training.  Joel said too that I pedaled well last Sunday.  All I could remember is that I do 100 sit ups (crunches) daily and 100 push ups.(That is a lot.  There are plenty of variations:  slow, hard interval, offset, one on floor, one on bench,  putting your feet on elevated item like bench  -  they are are hard push ups I tell you)  I think they do wonders for our breathing ability and the connection of the thigh muscles to the abdomen and back.

I think we should encourage others do crunches and push ups too.  They help remove flabs and make us slimmer.  Remember,  those who have slimmer waists live longer.  Many of us, I could count up to 10 have large tummies

No comments: