Thursday, June 12, 2014

Our Independence Day ride - June 12, 2014

Wheels of Happiness

There were a lot of riders today:   it is a holiday (no work) the clouds were overcast and it was not hot.  It rained last night and temp was cool.

I biked to Antipolo and started out at 6:30.  I met again Rick at the Manila East Road near the Tower Hills and he recognized me. We parted ways at the Tikling rotonda because he said he will take the Cabrera road.

The  climb up to the church was relatively easy;  no hard breathing, no back pains.  It pays to do a lot of rides.  Rides become effortless and easy.

Then I went to the church and listened about today's homily.  About forgiveness. Know that you have enemies and that you must forgive.'

Then to Teresa.  I must have passed some 30 riders biking up to the hillcrest of Robinson very slowly, but downhill, the MTB overtook me at the Teresa side and so with the road bikers.  They were fast.




Then stopped at the Holy Angels Memorial Park for some inspection and then to Simples lugawan.  They had no more  egss.  Therefore I did not have lugaw with egg.    It was 8:30 at that time.  I saw Gerry and a handful of Taytay bikers.

Then I rode to Pililla.   Km 58 (at the Pililla Municipal Hall) I rested for a while there. and then I saw Edgar.  I was neck to neck with Edgar and even passed him however near the Sampaloc intersection he got away from  by about a 100 meters and did not see him again when he stopped at  Cardona's bukohan.

It rained at Morong and we had to seek shelter.  I saw Pareng Luis pass by when I stopped at Bagumbon,  Morong
At Cardonas bukohan I saw:   Alan, Gerry, Jess, Sec, Pareng Luis and Ven.

Then we rode home and then Bayabas (de Leon) joined us at Darangan.  Luis, Jess and GErry rode very fast.

Happy Independence day

No comments: